In an interview with Dolvett Quince on the Workout The Doubt podcast, Dr. Dre shared that doctors were preparing his family for the worst following his brain aneurysm last year.
The clip that was shared on Monday revealed the reality the iconic producer faced.
“I’m at Cedars Sinai hospital and they weren’t allowing anybody to come up, meaning visitors or family or anything like that, because of COVID, but they allowed my family to come in,” Dre recalled “I found out later, they called them up so they could say their last goodbyes because they thought I was outta here.”
Although Dre had posted that he was “doing great” shortly after the aneurysm, the condition was more serious than he even knew. He said he had “no idea” about the severity of his condition.
“I’m in the ICU for two weeks,” he said. “Because of what was going on in my brain, they had to wake me up every hour on the hour for two weeks to do these tests. Basically looking like sobriety tests, like touch your nose, rub your heel on your calf and all that shit.”
Thankfully, Dre is back and better than ever. He’s currently working on new projects and we can’t wait to hear what comes from one of the greatest producers of all time.